30 Hour Famine Bake Sale
dre: The teenagers at my church were participating in World Vision's 30 Hour Famine this past April. Mike and I set them a fund-raising goal of $5000, so they decided to have a bake sale. Honestly, I think I was more excited than them to bake stuff, that I started a week early and put a bunch of goodies in the fridge.
I cracked open for the first time this baked goods cookbook I never knew I had, and filtered through all the recipes to see which ones I wanted to try. Here are the results:
- The first 2 cookies - Cranberry peanut whole wheat cookies and Cranberry coconut oatmeal whole wheat cookies. We advertised these as the "Healthy Cookies".
- Marble cupcakes - chocolate cake and cheesecake mixed together. This was a big hit.
- Lemon squares - I found these too sweet for my liking, but I made this because I had extra lemons in my fridge.
- Lime poppy seed almond cake - This turned out pretty good.
The kids came over and made:
- Chocolate brownies
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Coconut chocolate chip cookies
- Rice Krispie squares
We sold them during lunch time at church, and definitely overpriced things, but we profited $150 after paying back the cost of the ingredients.
Comments: 0 Comments